Saturday, January 1, 2011

Travel in 2011

Bonne Année!

It's that time of year again (Day One) when I like to reflect on the most recent 365 days of travel and dream about the 365 to come.  2010 started in Brussels, went to Luxembourg, Paris, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Seattle, Reno, Lake Tahoe, Kansas, and Disney World.  And, of course, back to Washington, DC.  Not bad for one year, especially since I resolved to make 2010 the Year of the Vacation, and many of those locations were indeed solely for R&R purposes.


What's in store for 2011?  For starters, January will bring another trip to Los Angeles (vacation) and then Minneapolis (sister's wedding).  But the big news is that 2011 will almost certainly see another overseas move.  In November I accepted an offer to join the Foreign Service, fulfilling a years-long dream and a year-long testing and hiring process.  Training begins in February and by mid-March I should know where in the world they're sending me first.

Happy Travels in 2011!  Where are you off to this year?

5 comments:

Nomadic Matt said...

You got the job? wow! Awesome! I'm super excited for you! Thats awesome news

Lou and Erin said...

Awesome! Let me know where you end up (pres de moi j'espere)!

Peggy said...

Well! Congratulations! I hope we'll stay in touch no matter where you go. All best.

TESOL certification said...

Congratulations to your new job! We're looking forward for more of your exciting stories this year.

Melina said...

Can't wait to find out where you'll be, and head over to visit you! :)