Saturday, October 30, 2010

Seen at the Rally to Restore Sanity

I generally avoid large-scale events in Washington, DC.  Marathons, rallies, and festivals turn Metro into an even bigger mess than normal, and crowds make me nervous.  So, normally I'm more than happy to stay close to home and enjoy a little peace and quiet when a big show comes to town.  I made an exception for the day before Inauguration Day concert in 2009 (Bono, Bruce, and Beyoncé, oh my!), and I made another exception today for the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.  Metro was a mess, and the crowd made me nervous, but it was all worth it for the chance to see clever rally signs. 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the signs! These are the best part of such gathering. I was toying with the idea of going but it was quite a way from Ottawa.

Melina said...

These are great! Thanks for sharing.. did you vote early or are you going to brave the voting "crowds" today?